Insect nets are used to keep insect pests out of greenhouses and net houses, preventing crop damage. Aqua Hub Kenya insect nets are designed to withstand harsh and extreme tropical conditions, giving farmers good value for money. Our greenhouse insect net can withstand the sun for years without being damaged.
Our nets are available in the following specifications
(i) Dimensions – 3mts (width)*50mtrs(length), 2.5mtrs(width)*50mtrs(length),
2.5mtrs(width)*100mtrs(length), 5.5mtrs (width)*30mtrs(length)
(ii) Mesh – 40% mesh
(iii) Color – white
Ant-insect nets are of a thin fabric that is similar to a row cover but thinner and more porous. When there is no need to insulate the crop, use insect netting on crops with heavy pest or bird pressure. It transmits up to 85% of available sunlight and does not interfere with rain or overhead irrigation.
Insect nets are useful to keep pest insects out of greenhouses and net houses, thereby preventing crop damage. Anti-Insect Greenhouse Net is recommendable for low-cost greenhouse and net house construction. It has the potential to increase vegetable yields by up to 40% while reducing pesticide use by up to 80%.
High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) net known as “The Net” is employable for the shelter growing of horticultural crops. Vegetables, fruit, and ornamentals are in this to alter microclimates and keep out nuisance insects and birds.
Purpose of insect nets
- The main function of insect netting is to keep out insects and do so by serving as a physical barrier. As long as the plants are entirely covered and the edges are firmly pinned to the ground, it will keep the majority of bug pests away from your crops. Aphids, Japanese beetles, grasshoppers, leaf miners, cabbage worms, root maggots, and some vine borers are preventable by them.
- It is appropriate for farmers that practice organic farming and aids in reducing the expenses and time spent on the farm spraying insects.
- An insect net is useful in greenhouses to keep out problem insects.
- Useful in the construction of natural solar dryers. The airflow vents in the greenhouse are hidden by bug nets.
- Additionally, they are a part of the shelf that keeps little items like rice from falling off while drying.
Features and specifications of insect netting
- Are UV treated to reduce UV rays from reflecting on crops and preventing rapid breakdown of the net as a result. The net has a useful life of six years.
- The net is white to offer a highly reflecting, insect repellent surface.
- They are available in two pore sizes: 0.4 mm and 0.9 mm. The former repels even the smallest insects, such as white flies, whilst the latter’s pore size may not. Agricultural insect nets with 0.4 mm hole sizes are beneficial for crops that are economically impacted by such insects.
Benefits of insect nets
- Keep harmful insects at a distance.
- Beef up your indoor bug population.
- Use less pesticides (food safety).
- To conserve money, diffuse the light.
- Improves harvest
- Less heat loss occurs.
Contact Aqua Hub Kenya for high-quality and affordable insect nets.