Coco peat is one of the reliable planting mediums in place of soil. Most farmers prefer using coco peat because of 97% germination assurance.
Aqua Hub Kenya supplies coco peat and peat moss in Kenya at affordable prices.
Coco Peat Application (Crops that can be Grown using Coco Peat)
- All vegetables
Features of Our Treated Coco Peat
Coco Peat Manufacturing Process (Coco Peat Suppliers in Kenya)
Raw material sourcing.
- The traditional coconut tree growers in our area provide us with our raw materials.
- Only the best raw materials pass through our quality inspection, and we keep it there for storage.
Coconut husk processing
• The raw coconut husks are broken down, and the fibre is extracted using our specialist choir beater
• Leaving behind the by-product – coco peat.
• Our skilled crew verifies the removed pith before moving it on to the manufacturing stage.
• Washed multiple times to lower the natural salt content.
• Wash it more thoroughly to remove extraneous materials and to achieve precise EC and pH values, as per
the international standards.
Manufacturing Process Contd.
• Freshly cleaned pith is then naturally sun-dried.
• After passing through our cutting-edge drying process, it is important to check the pith for the presence of any weeds or dangerous infections.
Sifting and Sieving.
• To eliminate the extra fibre and to extract the proper sized grains, sieve the sorted Coir pith.
• After that, a de-stoning machine is used to reduce the sand content to the minimum.
• Removing the pith from the drying yards happen after it dries. Then place it into the hydraulic compression devices.
• The last thing is to compact the ingredients into 650 gm briquettes or 5 kg blocks.
• The compressed blocks undergo a rigorous inspection procedure.
• Our quality control staff makes sure that our products are free from impurities.
Packing and Palletizing.
• The compressed blocks are packed as per customer specification and placed meticulously on clean
wooden pallets to maintain hygienic standards.
Differences between Coco peat and Peat Moss
Coco Peat Prices in Kenya
Treated Coco peat is KES. 150 per kg while untreated coco peat is KES. 90 per kg.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
Cocopeat can be used as an organic fertilizer, after a proper composting process
Cocopeat, in contrast to peat moss, is structurally robust enough to be recycled several times without
Unwashed coco peat is the natural raw form of the product, which has a higher EC level.
Washed coco peat has been washed using clean, natural spring water to lower the EC level, the salt
down to the acceptable level.
To increase aeration and water retention while lowering the risk of soil fungal and root diseases, coco
peat can be directly mixed into the soil of a garden
Watering should be done every four to five days as a general rule
Use 22ℓ –25ℓ of water to slowly hydrate the blocks, and then give them time to absorb all of the
It has extremely high water retaining capacity from 800% to 910% by weight
It is reusable for up to four years
- Low EC (< 0.5 mS/cm) cocopeat denotes a low salt content in the final product (washed multiple times).
- High EC cocopeat (> 0.8 mS/cm), on the other hand, denotes a significant salt content (unwashed).
Because Coco peat is antifungal, it will perform a great job of keeping your plants healthy.
It is mould resistant, which will assist shield your plants from illness and decay as they develop
Large amounts of nutrients can be retained due to its high CEC (20-30 meq/100g) value.
• Its absorption complex contains high concentrations of exchangeable K, Na, Ca, and Mg