Our UV-treated black dam liners are for tropical areas that receive a lot of radiation all year round. Dam liners from Aqua Hub Limited line the walls and floors of water reservoirs to stop water evaporation into the ground. African farmers increasingly recognize the necessity for agriculture water conservation due to the continent’s variable seasons and shifting rainfall patterns.
What is a Dam Liner?
It is a type of geosynthetics that is impermeable (Does not allow water to go through). It is also UV stabilized making it withstand any high tropical climates.
What are the uses of Dam Liners?
With the current unpredictable rainy seasons due to climate change, The liners have become wildly used for:
- Commercial Farming
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Used to line fish ponds/ Earthen ponds.
- Used in Azolla ponds.
What makes Dam Liners Unique?
- It’s 100% Waterproof making it really easy for farmers to harvest water for later usage.
- It has a high resistance to thermal rays.
- It is heavy-duty and highly durable.
- It has a high anti-evaporation rate.
- Its properties make it environmentally friendly.
Why pond liners are currently in high demand in fish farming in Kenya
With the current increase in fish demand, Traditional fishing methods are no longer sustainable. This has become a leading cause for farmers to adopt new technologies such as pond farming in order to meet demand.
Some of the factors that make fish pond farming using dam liners a highly sought-after venture in Kenya include;
- It’s chemical resistant and flexible.
- Easy to install in ponds of any size.
- Prevents water loss.
- Helps balance the water pH levels.
- Reduced Aquatic disease and contamination.
- It increases production and gives more predictable harvests.
And with the current increase in alternative sourcing for animal proteins, dam liners are in high demand to help livestock farmers in making Azolla beds.
The value for money Product
At Aqua Hub Kenya we think from a customer’s perspective and this is that the product should reflect the value for money. With this in mind, our Aqua liners are of high quality and are made durable. The best UV-treated black dam liners for tropical regions are produced by Aqua Hub in Kenya.