We are East Africa’s leading designer and installer of natural solar dryers. Our solar dryers are offered to commercial farmers in the region who sell dried goods to foreign markets and local retail outlets. From the structural framework to the cover, these dryers are of food-grade materials. The sun drying process works on the premise of collecting solar energy by heating up the air volume in solar collectors and directing the heated air from the collection to an attached enclosure, the meat drying chamber.
What are solar dryers?
A solar dryer is an essential piece of equipment applicable to remove moisture from crops, vegetables, fruits, or agricultural products. It uses solar energy to dry agricultural products. It harnesses the sun’s energy to generate hot air that is significantly more effective for drying. The system eliminates moisture from crops, fruits, vegetables, cereals, fish, potatoes, and meat, among other things. A solar dryer’s primary function is to use solar energy to heat air to a consistent temperature. This makes it easier to remove humidity from crops within a drying chamber.
Constant ventilation is provided by specified air inlets and outputs, miniature solar ventilators, or temperature differences caused by exposure or vertical height. Food is placed in cartons with a glass top in direct sun dryers. Furthermore, the greenhouse effect raises the temperature in the drier, and vents regulate air exchange. Because the heating of the fresh air is independent of the food chamber, there is no exposure of the food to direct sunlight in indirect sun driers.
How does a solar dryer work?
- The sun-drying method uses solar energy to heat the air volume in solar collectors, which is then directed to an adjacent enclosure, the drying chamber.
- Because of the sun’s energy, solar collectors generate hot air. When there is an elevation of temperature of a certain air volume, the relative air humidity decreases, and the water absorption capacity of the air increases. Continuous and efficient dehydration is achievable by pumping hot air through and over your items.
- The equipment is of easily accessible and low-cost materials such as cement, galvanized iron, brick, and plywood, which facilitates the drying process.
- On the upper surface, it is also coated with translucent single and double-layered sheets. The inside part is also black to facilitate the absorption of solar radiation. The solar dryer’s paint and materials, as well as its insulation, raise the temperature greatly, assisting in the drying process.
- The solar dryer has small vents at the top that allow airflow. Moisture flowing from fruits, vegetables, and crops placed on trays within the tube exits naturally via such perforations. A forced draught operation also draws additional air in to fill the vacuum, and the process is repeated.
What are the prices of solar dryers in Kenya?
|Solar Dryer Dimensions
|No. of Shelves
|Metallic Cost in Ksh.
|Wooden Cost in Ksh.
|1.5 m x 1.5 m x 1m
|2 m x 2 m x 1.5 m
|3 m x 2 m x 2 m
What are the benefits of a solar dryer?
- Because it is warmer inside the dryer than outside, drying happens more quickly.
- Decreased risk of spoiling as a result of rapid drying. (The fruit starts to ferment if the drying process is sluggish, damaging the product.)
- The item is shielded from bugs, vermin, rain, and dust.
- It saves on labor. The drying of item may be overnight or during a downpour.
- The product has improved nutritive, hygienic, and aesthetic qualities.
Aqua Hub Kenya offers the best and most suitable dryers for commercial use. Our dryers are mainly for fruits and vegetables and other special foods on demand. All you have to do is contact us at NAIROBI: 0790719020 | ELDORET: 0759372241.