Ball Cork – Single Union
Ball Cork – Single Union |A Special type of Quarter turn valve that has a ball-shaped disc with a hole in the middle.
The handler when rotated or opened, it turns the valve 90 degrees hence either opening or closing the valve.
A ball valve is an alternative to standard ball valves in an irrigation system design that uses a union fitting.
Ball Valve Connection
- A union fitting enhances ease in disconnection and reconnection of the valve without the need for cutting the pipe. Therefore, repair and maintenance is simple when the valve connection is in line with a union fitting.
- Has female thread fittings on both ends.
- Installation can be in line within the irrigation pipes to allow water flow control to certain parts or zones of a farm.
Advantages of Ball Corks-Single Union
Single union ball valves are a convenient choice of fitting for any drip or any irrigation system that requires subdivision of farms and irrigating various sections of farm. That is so because of their convenience and ease of installation, maintenance and repair process.
Choosing Ball Valves
- When choosing ball valves or ball corks, considering certain factors such as pipe size, pressure rating and material of the valve is important.
- The size of the part that receives a pipe or adapter fittings should be equal to the diameter size of the pipe or adapter.
- The pressure rating of the ball valve has to be equal to the pressure rating of the delivery pipes or filter or any fittings next to it. This is a requirement to ensure no leaks or pipe bursts due to high pressure on the connection.
- Material of the ball valve or pipe fittings determine its strength, durability and efficiency in terms of performance. Our ball valves are made of PVC polymers and HDPE plastic materials. These materials are stiff and durable.
Aqua Hub Kenya has reliable and best irrigation system fittings. Our ball valves are quality and new fitting products sold at affordable prices.