Union threaded fittings by Aqua Hub
Union fittings are pipe fittings that allow convenient connection of pipes and fittings for easier repair and maintenance.
They Consist of two end parts ;
- Male threaded end and Female threaded end that are connected by a plastic ring seal or gasket in between.
- It can be an independent fitting to connect two pieces of pipes or a joint/intergral parts of other fittings like ball valves which enhances separation.
Types of Union
Connects a pipe or irrigation fittings on one end of the union.
Connects to pipes or fittings on both ends of the union.
Why are Union fittings useful in irrigation systems?
Union fittings are important in irrigation systems because they provide a convenient way of conducting pipe repairs, replacing filters or pipe fittings. Moreover, they allow for changing the setup/layout of an irrigation system without disconnection of the entire system.
Our union fittings are PVC and CPVC plastic materials that resist high pressure and leakages.
They are available in various sizes.
The most common sizes we have include; 3/4, 1, 2 and 3 inches.
The diameter sizes of the threaded ends always match the size of pipe or fittings requirements of your irrigation system.
How to Connect a Union Fitting to an Irrigation System
In order to connect a union fitting to an irrigation fitting component or pipe, you first have to open the nut or closing lid. Then separate the two ends of the union in order to access the pipe section that requires attention.
Once you complete the necessary work, reassemble the union by simply closing the screw back on the male thread end and compressing the gasket between the ends to tighten the nut.
Advantages of Union pipe fitting
They allow easier repair and maintenance of irrigation pipes systems. This is due to the ease of opening nuts and their ability for individual connection to other pipe fittings or joins.
Where to Apply a Union Fitting
- At the start and end of a pipe spool
- At pipe ends which require rotational movements of the pipe.e.g tank inlets
- Either side of valves with thread unions or ends.