PVC pipes in Kenya are a popular choice for plumbing and irrigation systems. This is due to their durability, low cost, and ease of installation. We have the best quality and most affordable PVC pipes in the country. The PVC pipes are available in a variety of sizes. You can use them for both above-ground and underground applications. They are also widely used in water supply and sewage systems. They are also applicable in industrial applications such as chemical transportation.
What are PVC Pipes in Kenya?
PVC pipes, perhaps one of the most ubiquitous and adaptable forms of plastic piping, have been in use for over 80 years, providing a wide range of applications in a number of market sectors worldwide. When compared to metal piping, PVC pipes are highly strong and durable. They have complete corrosion resistance and minimal possibility of succumbing to thermal expansion or contraction. These pipes are inexpensive and long-lasting, and they are available in a range of sizes and fittings. They may be utilized for both warm and cold water applications, depending on the PVC version.
PVC stands for Polyvinyl Chloride. It is a type of plastic pipe that is commonly used in residential and commercial plumbing systems. PVC pipes are known for their durability, corrosion resistance, and low cost. They are also easy to install and maintain. Thus, making them a popular choice for both new construction and renovation projects. They are often used in drainage systems, irrigation systems, water supply systems, and sewage systems. They are also used in industrial applications such as chemical transportation.
PVC is an abbreviation for Polyvinyl Chloride. Irrigation-grade agricultural PVC pipes are used in irrigation systems throughout East Africa. We install irrigation-grade agricultural PVC pipes of various diameters and thicknesses based on land size and water pressure. Our agricultural PVC pipes account for a significant portion of our irrigation pipes for sale in Kenya, and each PVC pipe size has a standard length of 6m. These irrigation pipes are compatible with drip irrigation systems, sprinkler irrigation systems, and rain hose kits.
What are the types of PVC pipes?
There are several types of PVC pipes, each designed for specific applications and industries. Some of the most common types include:
- Schedule 40 PVC pipes: These are the most commonly used PVC pipes in residential and commercial plumbing systems. They are known for their durability and low cost.
- Schedule 80 PVC pipes: These pipes are thicker and more durable than Schedule 40 pipes. Thus, making them suitable for high-pressure applications such as water mains and industrial systems.
- CPVC pipes: Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) pipes are similar to PVC pipes but are treated with chlorine, making them more heat-resistant and suitable for hot water systems.
- PVC DWV pipes: Drain, Waste, and Vent (DWV) PVC pipes are used for non-pressure drainage and venting applications.
- PVC-M pipes: Modified PVC pipes, known as PVC-M, are more resistant to impact and are suitable for use in areas that are prone to mechanical damage.
- PVC-O pipes: Oriented PVC pipes, known as PVC-O, are made from a specially-formulated PVC material that makes them extremely strong and durable. They are ideal for use in high-pressure applications such as irrigation systems and water supply networks.
It is important to note that not all PVC pipes are suitable for every application, and it is important to consult with a professional or the manufacturer before selecting a PVC pipe for a specific project.
What are the available sizes of PVC pipes in Kenya?
PVC pipes come in a wide range of sizes to suit different plumbing, irrigation, and industrial applications. The size of a PVC pipe is determined by its nominal diameter, which is the inside diameter of the pipe. There are many different diameters of PVC pipes, such as 32 mm, 40 mm, 50 mm, 63 mm, 75 mm, 90 mm, and 110 mm. Our Kenyan PVC pipe manufacturers can make larger diameters upon request. In irrigation systems, larger pipes are used as mains and smaller pipes as sub-mains. The pipe size is determined by the volume of water needed in each region. Large pipes will be used on enormous farms, while little pipes will be used on tiny agricultural units.
Uses and applications of PVC pipes
PVC pipes are versatile and have a wide range of uses and applications. Some of the most common include:
- Plumbing: PVC pipes are commonly used in residential and commercial plumbing systems for water supply, drainage, and venting. They are also often used for irrigation systems in agriculture and landscaping.
- Sewage and Drainage: PVC pipes are used in sewage systems to transport waste water and in drainage systems to carry rainwater and other surface water away from buildings and other structures.
- Industrial Applications: PVC pipes are often used in industrial settings such as chemical plants and factories due to their corrosion resistance and ability to handle a wide range of chemicals.
- Cable protection: PVC pipes can be used to protect underground electrical and communication cables, as well as other types of underground lines.
- Telecommunications: PVC pipes are used to house and protect telecommunications cables and fibers.
- Medical: PVC pipes are used in the medical industry for the transportation of gases, liquids and other materials, such as in the production of certain medical devices.
- Construction: PVC pipes are used in construction for the transportation of compressed air and in the creation of temporary structures like scaffolding.
- Agriculture: PVC pipes are used in irrigation systems to transport water to crops, as well as in fish farming to create fish ponds and channels.
- Sports and recreation: PVC pipes are used in the construction of sports equipment such as goal posts and hurdle track systems.
What are the benefits of PVC pipes?
PVC pipes offer a number of benefits, which is why they are so widely used in a variety of applications. Some of the main benefits include:
- Durability: PVC pipes are resistant to corrosion and chemicals, which makes them a long-lasting and durable option for plumbing, irrigation, and industrial systems.
- Low cost: PVC pipes are relatively inexpensive compared to other types of pipes, making them a cost-effective option for a wide range of applications.
- Easy installation: PVC pipes are lightweight and easy to work with, which makes them simple to install and maintain.
- Variety of sizes and thicknesses: PVC pipes are available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses, which makes them suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Chemically resistant: PVC pipes are highly resistant to most acids, bases, salts, aliphatic solutions, oxidants, and halogens.
- Low thermal conductivity: PVC pipes have low thermal conductivity, which reduces heat loss in hot water systems.
- Low friction loss: PVC pipes have smooth interior walls, which means that fluid flow is not impeded.
- Lightweight: PVC pipes are very lightweight in comparison to other types of pipes, which makes them easy to handle and transport.
- Resistant to impact: PVC pipes are more resistant to impact than other types of plastic pipes, which makes them suitable for use in areas that are prone to mechanical damage.
- Recyclable: PVC pipes can be recycled, which makes them an environmentally friendly option.
Aqua Hub Kenya is a well-known PVC pipes supplier, dealer, and installer. We have offices in both Nairobi and Eldoret. We are a dependable source for all of your agricultural inputs and management practices. For more information, call 0790719020.