What are Male Adapters?
Male adapters are irrigation or plumbing fittings used to connect pipes or pipes to other fittings.
Our Male adapter fittings are made of HDPE & PVC materials.
Present in nearly all type of colours.
The available sizes vary according to the requirements and design of threads for a system.
Available in: 25 mm, 32 mm, 40 mm, 50 mm, 63 mm, 75 mm, 90 mm diameter sizes.
Features of a Male Adapter fitting
- Male adapters have threads on one end which allows connection to female adapter threads or other pipes.
- The threads in such pipe fittings enhances strong and secure connection in pipe systems for the purpose of zero leakages in the system.
Parts of a Male Adapter
The male adapter fittings mainly consist of two features:
- Male threaded end : This is the part or end that has threads on the outer surface. This design makes this threaded part to match and screw into the inner threads of the female pipe or fitting. The male threaded end can vary in size and material depending on the application and types of pipes or fittings connected to it.
- Socket or connection end : The Socket end of the male adapter fitting which is typically smooth and without threads. Designed for insertion into pipes or fittings of the same size and female threads of the same material.
Using Male Adapters (Pipes Connections)
When making a pipe connection using a male adapter, you simply have to screw the male threaded end into the female threaded pipe or fitting you are connecting to.
Once the male thread is fit inside tighten the connection firmly to enhance a perfect and secure pipe seal.
Uses of Male Adapters
- Pipe to pipe connections in irrigation systems such as drip, sprinklers and rain guns.
- Connection of pipes to other fittings
- Industrial distribution of fluids such as water, oil, gases and sewage waste.
- Domestic supply of water in tanks and kitchen plumbing connections.
Benefits of Using Male Adapters
- They enhance a secure and very lower chances of leakages in pipe connections
- Male adapter fittings are not reactive to water and most fluids
- Male adapter fitting manufacture materials does not corrode.
- They can last for a long time.